Performing Arts Scholarship Program
BBI is currently accepting applications for the Blue Blanket Improv Performing Arts Scholarship Program. Download your scholarship application and apply today.
The mission of the Blue Blanket Improv Performing Arts Scholarship Program is to encourage performance arts on the Coastside by providing support for deserving local high school students who wish to continue their education at the college level. To be eligible for the BBI scholarship program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Current high school student
- Living or attending school on the Coastside (Montara to Pescadero)
- Completion of BBI scholarship program application
The Blue Blanket Improv Performing Arts Scholarship Program comprises two parts:
- Internship—Following auditions, selected individuals will be invited to join Blue Blanket Improv for a period of three months to gain real-world performance experience. The internship is intended to provide the participants with professional-level comedy improvisational theater skills training. Skills include speaking in public, self confidence, thinking on your feet, thinking creatively, active listening, team building, accepting and progressing ideas, turn taking, verbal wit, storytelling, basic acting, stage presence, and verbal projection. Participants will achieve the necessary skills and confidence to perform with the main troupe in a live public performance.
Program participants will actively participate in weekly rehearsal/workshops every Monday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. They will also provide technical and creative support for BBI monthly performances on the second Saturday of each month. Some flexibility in the above time requirements will be available but should not be considered the norm. The required commitment for this program is three months, after which a participant may be invited to join the troupe as a permanent member.
- Scholarship—At the completion of each internship period, BBI will award one intern a $500 cash scholarship, which must be used for college expenses, including application fees, tuition, books, and so on. The performing members of the troupe will make the selection based on demonstrated commitment and creative growth during the BBI internship. The scholarship is funded with monies raised by BBI through performances and donations.
Applicants need not have specific comedy theater experience but must be creative, outgoing, and willing to commit to the process.
If you are interested in this fun and rewarding experience, please complete the BBI scholarship application and email it to blueblanketimprov "at" hotmail.com.